Here are seven ways that could help you save on your energy bills as well as fuel costs.
- Swap an old bulb for an LED bulb and save £40 a year per bulb
- Buy a draught excluder (from a charity shop) and fit it in the front door -> save £30 per year
- Insulate your loft and save £180 per year (materials typical cost is £100)
- Install a “chimney sheep” to save £17 per year
- Wrap your water tank in a thermal jacket and save £350 per year
- Use a portable heater instead of central heating when working in one room – save £30 per year
- Drive more slowly and change into higher gear sooner – save fuel costs and be safer