Our saving options
To help our members budget more effectively we have a variety of savings accounts all of which qualify for dividend when we agree to pay one.
- Standard Account – Share 1 Account
- Christmas Savings – Share 2 Account
- Under 16s – Junior Savings Accounts
- Holidays and Special Occasions – Share 3 Account
- Child Benefit Savings – save while your repay your Child Benefit Loan
Standard Account – Share 1 Account
This is our standard account with a minimum deposit of £1. Borrowers need to demonstrate regular savings in this account to qualify for preferential loan rates.
Christmas Savings – Share 2 Account
Let us help you save for the busy festive time with the Xmas Savings account. Paid into member’s accounts in November each year.
Under 16s – Junior Savings Accounts
Start to help your young ones be money savvy with the under 16s Junior Savings Account. Transfer regularly from your own saving account to start saving for your children’s future.
Holidays and Special Occasions – Share 3 Account
This account has been reserved for Holidays or Special Occasions to help our members budget more effectively.
Child Benefit Savings
Linked to the Child Benefit Loan, this account helps you develop the savings habit while you repay your loan.
Why save with us?
- You are in control – You can save as much or as little as you like and as often as you like
- Your savings are safe – We are fully regulated by the FCA and covered by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme. So your savings are 100% protected.
- You can have more than one account – You may want more than one account, for instance to save up for a special occasion. We also offer a Junior Savers’ account.
- Save for a rainy day – It’s always a good idea to save, not just for a set purpose but also for emergencies and the unexpected.
- Contribute to our pool of savings so that you and other members can borrow – As a community bank, we only lend the money we take in. By saving you are helping others in your area who need to borrow from an ethical organisation.
Prospective members agree to be bound by the Thamesbank Credit Union Rules. A copy of these rules can be found here.