About Thamesbank loans
Thamesbank offer a range of loans depending on your needs. We’re sure you will find rates suitable for your individual circumstances.
As an overview, Thamesbank offer*:
- Payroll deduction loans – up to £3,000
- Key worker loans – up to £1,000
- Child benefit loans – £500
- Saving link to loan – up to £10,000
- Equity loans – up to £10,000
- JustBorrow loans – up to £750
*All loans are subject to terms and conditions and offered based on eligibility.
Terms & Conditions for Loans
- For loans over £500 we may credit check, so we can be sure you can afford to repay.
- We may require to see at least two months of recent bank statements.
- We will expect to see at least three months of regular savings unless you are making payments through your payroll.
- You are eligible for an immediate loan if you are paying through your payroll, or if it is a Child Benefit Loan.
Key Worker Loan
For Key Workers* helping the country during the Coronavirus outbreak. Borrow up to £1,000 at monthly repayment rate of 0.5% (6.3% APR) up to five years.
*(Key workers as identified by as UK Government.)
Members and non-members can apply for a loan of up to £750 repayable over nine months using our new fast application process.
New members paying into their credit union through a deduction from their payroll can apply for an immediate introductory loan. This can be up to £3,000 repayable over up to 60 months at rates ranging from 12.7% to 26.8% APR.
Child Benefit Loan
Make your child benefit payment stretch that bit further with an immediate loan of £500.
This will be charged at 42.6% APR repayable over 50 weeks.
If you have more than one child and have paid off at least two £500 loans and have a £100 in Child Benefit Savings you can apply for a loan of £1,000 at 26.8% APR.
Savings Link to Loans
Regular savers can apply for a loan that is roughly three times the value of their savings. Our standard rates vary depending on individual circumstances. Example, 5.1% APR for a £10,000 loan based on excellent credit history. Alternatively, up to 42.6% APR for a small loan without a strong credit history.
Equity Linked Loans
If you are a regular saver with equity in your property we can give loans up to the maximum allowable by our Regulator. This is £10,000 on top of your savings. The maximum savings you can have is £7,500. Rates are negotiable but start as low as 3.7% APR.