Thamesbank Credit Union has and continues to support women financially with its child benefit loans and savings products. Here is just a selection of member feedback on how we have supported Thamesbank members who are women:
- “I get to save money as well as borrowing and without Thamesbank I wouldn’t be able to do.”
- “Because it helps me out when I am in need.”
- “Because it helps with Christmas and helps me to save.”
- “I’m on benefits and have a poor credit rating.”
- “It helps out a lot when I am struggling with money.”
- “It helps with Christmas where you have a year to pay back. Also, the little top-up loans are very helpful.”
- “I have different circumstances that I need to cover, and the options you have are always suited to my particular needs.”
- “The loans are affordable as the monies are deducted directly from salary so no reason to default.”
- “Thamesbank offers loans at really affordable rates.”
- “Do not feel judged by the great and friendly staff for having a low credit rating. The option of having the loan taken straight from my salary really works well for me.”
To celebrate International Women’s Day, we want our women members to tell us in their own words, in the form of a quote or words of wisdom, what it means to be a woman, inspire women, reflect on the hardship and sufferings of women, or any other aspect of womanhood. Quotes should be no more than 75 words, original work, not contain offensive language, and be sent to us no later than 31 March by filling in our Entry Form or email us on firstname.lastname@example.org. Its free and you could win* up to £15 credited to your Thamesbank account. Women who wish to enter but are not members may apply to become members of Thamesbank Credit Union here and quote code IWD on their membership application form. The winning entries will then be published alongside other great quotes and words of wisdom from our women members in a future post or Newsletter. If your entry is selected, but you do not wish your name to be published, then please state this preference when submitting your entry.
To inspire you or stimulate your creativity, here are hundreds of International Women’s Day quotes:
*Terms and Conditions:
- Entrants must be female.
- Entrants must be a minimum of 18 years of age.
- Entries must be submitted using this website’s Entry Form, and submitted no later than 31 March 2023
- Your Quote or Words of Wisdom must be original work and not in breach of copyright, and be no more than 75 words.
- Only a Quote or Words of Wisdom may be submitted, not both
- By submitting your entry, you agree that you are solely responsible and liable for any breach of copyright relating to your submitted Quote or Words of Wisdom, and that you will not hold Thamebank Credit Union responsible in any way whatsoever for any such breach.
- You may create your Quote or Words of Wisdom in collaboration with others, however a prize will only be given to the person named on the Entry Form (the Entrant).
- The Entrant must be a member of Thamesbank Credit Union, or have applied to be a member before they submit their Entry Form.
- If the Entrant is not a member, they may apply to be a member of Thamesbank Credit Union on its website here There is no charge to apply to be a member.
- A prize will be awarded only to an Entrant who is a member of Thamesbank Credit Union
- The winners of the competition will be awarded prizes of £15, £10, and £5 for first, second, and third place respectively.
Thamesbank Credit Union will publish the winners on its website by the end of May 2023
- Winners will be identified by their full name and/or photo on Thamesbank Credit Union’s website or Newsletter. If an Entrant who is a prize winner does not wish to have their full name and/or their photo published, then they must inform Thamesbank within two business days of being notified by Thamesbank that they are a prize winner, that they do not wish their full name and/or photo to be published.
- Each prize will be in the form of a credit to the account of the Entrant’s member account at Thamesbank Credit Union.
- Up to 28 days from the date of publication of the winners should be allowed for the credit to appear on a winner’s Thamesbank member account.
- The judges’ selection of prize winners and the award of prizes, is final and no appeal is possible.